Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #9

Part 2

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

Re: Any coffee drinkers?
« Reply #17 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:16pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:03pm, qwertydude wrote:

Jan 23, 2013, 3:47pm, danno711 wrote:

That's what most people do is hide the bitterness with sugar/milk/cream etc...That's not really what drinking coffee should be about

This week I bought a small 1lb bag from Krogers (local store).
It's 100% Colombian..medium dark..it was $4.50

I'm really starting to spoil myself though. I found this website that sells fresh coffee beans from all around the world.
Take a look....Last week I ordered a 1lb bag from Columbia and one from Honduras....I haven't received it yet! Can't wait!
When that runs out, I'll order from another part of the world....pretty cool. The KOPI from Hawaii iS $125! lol.....don't think I'll be ordering from there any time soon! I can't imagine anyone spending $125 for a pound of coffee...but I want so bad to try it!

Kopi coffee is I believe specifically Kopi Luwak. That's the weird civet poop harvested coffee. It might be better to buy Coffee Primero Magic Cat if you want to experience what the Kopi Luwak coffee imparts as to flavor without the somewhat dubious and animal unfriendly nature associated with traditional Kopi Luwak flavor.

Plus you might not like it and would feel you wasted your money. Independent blind taste tests have judged the expensive Kopi Luwak coffee to be thinner with less body. So really I think hyper expensive cat poop coffee is just that all hype. But a lot of the hype can make people think that it has to be good because it costs so much. I always try to divorce myself from those kinds of influences and judge anything as independent from influence as possible.

Hi
Theres a new most expensive coffee out there
Elephant processed coffee
http://www.willitsnews.com/ci_221522...-comes-from-an
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #18 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:27pm »
"Trumpeted as earthy in flavor and smooth on the palate, the exotic new brew is made from beans eaten by Thai elephants and plucked a day later from their dung. A gut reaction inside the elephant creates what its founder calls the coffee's unique taste. "

You got to be kidding me! Who in the world tried this for the first time....and WHY?????????

Geez Louise...I assure you, if its THE MOST EXPENSIVE....they're are people buying it!

Not me.

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #19 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:36pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:07pm, danno711 wrote:

Jan 23, 2013, 4:02pm, inuyasha wrote:

Hi Danno
Im with you
Im an old salt and can swear with the best of them but theres a time and a place for that and this isnt it
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

It's just so unnecessary....imo

Thanks Hank

Btw...Hank was my dad's name...It has a special meaning to me.

Hi Danno
Your most welcome and thanks
It has a very special meaning to me as well as im the third, my dad and my gramps on that side of the family where both named Hank as well
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

wutzthedeal
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #20 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:42pm »
Until you have traveled down the road on your scoot with your heated coffee mug plugged in on your scoot, you're no real coffee drinker ? Here's a new phrase; two gloves, my java, one balaclava.

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #21 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:47pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:42pm, wutzthedeal wrote:
Until you have traveled down the road on your scoot with your heated coffee mug plugged in on your scoot, you're no real coffee drinker ? Here's a new phrase; two gloves, my java, one balaclava.

Hi
Thats sounds dangerous my friend, i never do any thing while riding that takes my mind off of the road and the ride
Take care and ride safely der friend
Yours Hank

loncindawg
Great Big Dawg

« Reply #22 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:58pm »
Not a coffee drinker, but I have a Bialetti moca that I use with Lavazza espresso (black can) to make the best durned latte one can make without a bona fide espresso machine (north of a grand for anything worthwhile - forget those cheap little gimmicky machines from Target and such places). I make it only for special ladies who enter my life on occasion. I use Lavazza instead of Illy because the latter is ground a tad too much and doesn't give good results in my moca, a Bialetti Venus.

I froth up the milk nice and snowy-like, but I don't bother with the cute little designs.

Lykos

« Reply #23 on Jan 23, 2013, 5:18pm »
Thanks, Wutz! I'll definitely have to check that site out and order me some good coffee and stop wasting money on stuff that's hard to enjoy. Folgers; Blech!

Jan 23, 2013, 4:02pm, snugglebunny wrote:

Jan 23, 2013, 3:59pm, danno711 wrote:

Not a matter of anyone's Constitutional Rights, it's just a matter of being considerate of others.

Thanks

see YOUR mind must be in the gutter
Freak is a vulgar word!!!!!!!!!!!
thats what i meant
but u ASS U MED

you were never in the service huh?

lol, there's more vulgar language in the kid's show Adventure Time than there is in this forum. Not to mention The Regular Show. I always thought the rules here meant simply not to use explicit language like... discussing felching, or linking to hentai. Surely there's no effing problem in effing using the eff word some of the effing time FFS.

As long as I'm more appropriate than NoFX in the youtube video titled "
NOFX is bullying 13 year old ginger kid with braces at the 2010 Lowlands festival" then I know that I'm being age appropriate.

This is the world wide web and we should find ourselves very fortunate that our daily dose of spam doesn't include all kinds of nasty things I'll leave to your imaginations.

And to any kids reading: go check out "Barnacle Bill The Sailor", life isn't all scooters and games growing up.

I applaud snugglebunny for refraining from utilizing her extensive vocabulary of vulgarity. As an autistic I effing lack that ability.

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #24 on Jan 23, 2013, 5:25pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 5:18pm, Lykos wrote:
lol, there's more vulgar language in the kid's show Adventure Time than there is in this forum. Not to mention The Regular Show. I always thought the rules here meant simply not to use explicit language like... discussing felching, or linking to hentai. Surely there's no effing problem in effing using the eff word some of the effing time FFS.

If there is nothing wrong with vulgarity why don't you use the real word instead of pretending to use it?

wutzthedeal
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #25 on Jan 23, 2013, 7:40pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 5:18pm, Lykos wrote:
Thanks, Wutz! I'll definitely have to check that site out and order me some good coffee and stop wasting money on stuff that's hard to enjoy. Folgers; Blech!

Hmmm; I didn't list a site or advise certain coffee. Hank, I've never drank anything while moving on a scooter. I have a secured drink holder and the mug is plugged into a 12v outlet and I drink at stops.

rockynv
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #26 Yesterday at 2:54am »
I drink a Mayorgan 100% wind processed organic dark roast ground fresh with the large Cuisinart burr grinder and brewed in one of several ways. Automatic drip using the strong setting, 18 Bar Espresso machine, stainless steel stove top perculator, Melitta single cup drip cone or any one of 4 different stainless steel Italian stove top Espresso pots.

For a heart healthy diet I use a paper filter in the drip makers and perculators to limit the hard oils that get extracted using only brown paper filters and save the Espresso for special occasions.

Once every month or so I fine grind a cup of cheap organic rice in the grinder to clean out the burs and grinding chambers. Will make a chocolate mocha pudding with the rice after the cleaning.

When I am in the mood I will custom roast my coffee on cookie sheets in the oven for an Ahuey Arabi.

http://www.mayorgacoffee.com/

Don't drink chemically processed mountain dirt coffee myself. Trying to get a bit closer to nature there.

Read more: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...#ixzz2IzoYeSY2

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing