View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 AM   #4

I doubt coffee oils are contributing to people's ill health. Certainly that's like having a diet coke to go with your Big Mac and Fries. As in you're not really doing all that much to help.

Unsaturated plant based oils aren't really all that bad for you in moderate amounts. And in coffee the oils in a cup certainly are only the tiniest amount. I mean everyone pretty much agrees olive oil is pretty healthy. Just don't start deep frying in the stuff and try to fool yourself that a deep fried piece of chicken is any healthier because you fried it in olive oil.

Personally I don't mind getting the full flavor of coffee in my espresso, so no filter for me. Plus I can feel good that I'm not throwing away a paper filter every time I make a coffee. Believe me most of the rest of the world thinks America is weird for preferring watered down, over filtered, coffee. People claim to want full flavored coffee but scoff at the true fuller flavor offered by a strong method like espresso or French press.

What I find really funny is that a lot of people are really off put by having a little coffee sediment at the bottom of their cup, accepted as part of a normal coffee everywhere else, but have little qualms about consuming low quality and chemically treated coffee. As if that little chemically bleached paper filter is helping them out in those areas.

Last edited by qwertydude; 01-25-2013 at 04:21 AM.