View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #8

Since I posted my replies, I found some time to perform some research. Here is what the ECU looks like on this bay page:

ebay.com/itm/13-15-HONDA-PCX150-ECM-ECU-CDI-Computer-Control-Module-/181616573979?fits=Year%3A2013|Make%3AHonda|Model%3 APCX150&hash=item2a4930fe1b&vxp=mtr

I have found 2 companies that offer "reprogramming" capabilities, one was a joke and will most likely harm the engine. Another one has some decent capabilities BUT it is not for someone that does not know how to flash an ECU or custom the map.

On another forum, someone talked of increasing the engine to 170cc and did it a few years ago. Results according to them were good w/o any drawbacks, with the exception of a few mpg. However top cruise speed increased to almost 70mpg.

I don't know where the ECU connector is, but if someone can locate it, take some photos that show it incl dimensions I might be able to build an adapter to flash them with.

the Honda manual has a section that shows it according to bay listings. and includes an ECU wiring schematic