View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #24

Hi Everyone!

I've been tinkering with the scooter, and haven't been able to find out that much. I couldn't find the real carburetor under the pin, but finally decided it must be right in the pipe behind the tube, but can't figure out how to get to it! I think I have to take off more of the seat, or something.

The bike was spilling gas from that very area though, so I'm sure it's the problem. There is a flexible rubber tube that runs from the bottom of the carburetor to an air filter, or something, and the gas seems to have run from the carburetor, down that tube, and flooded out the foam filter under the panel. I've been researching the manual, but haven't gotten it apart to the true carb-

I was already having gas problems, but when I put the carb pin back in, it was still slightly wavy, with a long, slight bend. It still drops straight into the hole, so is it okay that it isn't 'perfectly' straight?

As soon as I can figure out how to get to the carb, I'm going to spray it out with carb cleaner, which I think will help. I think something is stuck open with gunk, or something..

Ride like your life depends on it!