View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 10:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Let's remember, just because someone may have the wrong info, or different views than you, doesn't exactly mean they're 'making it up.

I'm sure the intent was noble. They're still trying to help. I don't think anyone ever sets out to purposely give someone bad advice in hopes to screw up their machine.

You can disagree and give your opinion/facts, but let's not villainize someone for being ill-informed.
But sometimes they do make stuff up. And their "noble intent" can be called into question as well. I get this sort of thing with a fair amount of regularity when the discussion about using car tires on bikes comes up. However, I do agree that I don't think anyone on these bike/scooter forums really sets out to try to get things screwed up. But they can and do jump on you without thinking things through very well. For example an exchange I had on another forum:

Poster: "Riders seriously injured or killed due to running a car tire seldom post message here after the fact..."

My response:
"Riders seriously injured or killed due to running a motorcycle/scooter tire seldom post messages here after the fact either..." It's a weak straw-man argument and is biased because it does not also include the accompanying information about motorcycle tires. You have only presented half of the truth with your statement.."

= = = = = = = = = =

Actually that was one of the more civil exchanges I've been in on the subject... Usually they just attack the message AND the messenger with knee jerk reactions lacking logic with unfounded, erroneous information, or no experience or information at all. I get villainized quite often and I'm not even being an aggressor.

The relative anonymity of the internet allows for some to go on flaming jags... some pretty badly. Some folks just have little self control.....Thank goodness for moderators..... It's a tough job sometimes I'd imagine.....
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me