View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 01:49 AM   #28

I will just echo what Hank said and say that my 2T Yamaha BWS had 16,500km on it when I replaced the stock cylinder with the 70cc one. Not because the stock cylinder failed or anything like that, but because I wanted the extra power. Now I've put 5,600km on my 70cc kit so far and am sitting at 22,100km. My scoot is my daily driver for my commute to and from work and has been rock solid reliable.

Also as for the exhaust note, my pipe got very loud over the last few months and started to sound high-pitched and annoying like a chain saw. This bothered me quite a bit, so I took apart the silencer and re-packed it with some new high quality glass matting designed for 2-stroke silencers. Now it sounds much deeper and quieter! The note is similar to an Infiniti G35/Nissan 350Z if you've ever heard one of those drive by.

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.