View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 11:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Have you adjusted the valves? Poor starting, is the number one symptom of valves in need of attention.

Sounds like you may have a charging problem. Do you have a multimeter to check your charging system's output. Can be purchased at Harbor Freight for less than $10.

Better get that broken stud in the head fixed, a leak there will cause more problems with the exhaust valve.

Thanks for the reply! I went to check the valves (which were fine) and when doing so, the camshaft basically fell apart. Broken bearings and what not. So I ordered a new camshaft and went to install it, but it still won't start. Guessing it's a deeper issue. A friend says I might've messed up the timing? Not too informed on that. I'll do some research. However, when I put on the cylinder and top head, I undid the camshaft chain. I managed to get it back on, but I wasn't sure if I might've messed something else up during that whole process.

When starting the scooter, it just sounds like it's very...light? As if something isn't doing its job in the motor. Everything's spinning (Camshaft with chain, CVT belt, variator and fan) and I definitely got spark, compression, gas and air still but no luck. I'll likely be tearing it down tonight to see if I can get more clues as to what's wrong.

Login or Register to Remove Ads