View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 01:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Its either 4 screws to remove the float bowl or one in the center of the float bowl. It has to be serviceable, so keep looking. Oh, and be careful when removing the float bowl. They tend to stick a bit and sometimes you can manhandle it, then it breaks loose and you clip or hang-up the float itself on the bowl during removal and throw the float height off. It comes straight down. Its a tight fit inside of the carb. Be careful!
I've learned a lot in the last few hours. The carb is what called an EPA carb, no adjustments. I could probably get the screws out but a new carb is $20, I'll have one Friday.

The warrantee ends tomorrow as best we can tell, but there are no nearby authorized service departments.

I found debris in the fuel filter, it looks like red paint flakes.... not sure how it got through the filter, but I also have a new filter coming. If this turns out to be the problem then I'll get a better carb with the larger jets and a better quality filter.. the fuel venting from the carb is most likely doing what it was designed to do. I don't think the float is stuck because I was running at pretty much full throttle so the bowl was not likely full.

I'm guessing on some of this, I'll see if the new carb works and go from there. I'm also just learning that the valves need to be adjusted on a regular basis and I haven't done that (I don't see that in my owners manual) but I don't think that's the problem.