View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 12:45 AM   #29

Just got in from work-in the rain! Yuck! So I'll give you a quick idea. Are you sure you are getting spark? Hate to say it, but if we have that problem and suspect spark-someone holds it while the other person hits the starter or kickstart. It will wake you up! You will know you have spark! You can also use a spark tester but I have terrible luck with them.

Next up, compression test. There is a chance you broke a piston ring. That would make the compression to low. Or something WAS wrong with the piston. Did you remove the reed cage? If so, did you inspect the reeds? I don't think reeds are you problem but it could happen.

Make 100% sure you didn't pinch the oil supply line when putting the shroud back on! Just double check its not pinched! That will cause problems later once it gets running.

Last thing I can think of. Make sure nothing is stuck in the spark plug gap. I sold a Zuma not long ago and the guy called me saying it suddenly quit starting. Ran great, then never started. Turns out is was a piece of something in the plug gap. Knocked it out and it ran great again!

That's all I can think of right now. Good luck and keep us posted!