View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 12:21 AM   #18

Before the gearr box

Before I open up the gear box...

...Let's assume there had to be a lean seize: I know I was opening up the air jet to try to lean out the fuel, and I am certain (now) that I opened it up too far for its own good, not knowing what the consequences would be. In fact, let's say 100% that's it. It has to be.

My rear wheel is still turning, albeit reluctantly, and in one direction more than the other. Let's assume I have lubricated the cylinder, and that the wheel does turn somewhat (the seize is not total). I want to get the scooter back to running like normal again. Also, let's assume (because it is true) that I did not have a good seal at my exhaust port, and that I now have a new gasket for it which should make a very tight seal (because I do, and it should). What would I have to do now to get it running? Replace the o-rings on the piston? (Remove the cylinder head et al.) Because I am all but certain that this is what I have going on here.

But does this explain the fact that the rear wheel is still turning the piston when the scooter is off? Also, when I turn the variator now, I can hear the piston going "thump thump" inside the cylinder, like it is making a seal in there and "popping" when it reaches the exhaust port. Should it be doing this? Is this a good thing or a bad one? (or maybe it makes no difference).

Login or Register to Remove Ads