View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #1

Homemade redneck exhaust gasket.

What I did .... for whatever reason I can't explain, the 50cc scooter has my attention, I guess the thought of something with such a small engine can do so much. So a big bore kit, the carburetor on it I never could get to run right so I broke down and got a new carb ( six week suspension on the mancard for that) anyway that fixed the problem... and supposed to be high performance exhaust, orange coil and CDI ... but I messed up the header pipe to head gasket. I got to thinking and decided to make a circle out of 12 gauge solid wire. Bare wire of course .. I wrapped it around a socket the size of the offset in the header pipe, a nice tight circle of it. So far it seems to work. I've had more fun tinkering with and cussing that 50cc, now 81.3cc than anything else this summer. And I did have to replace the rear valve stem. Someone told me to do that when the front one got replaced and I thought I'd checked the back one and it was good enough.... it wasn't or wasn't for long (another 2 weeks added to the mancard suspension). I was almost 3 miles from home when the valve stem gave out but a nice couple gave me ride home and like Honda used to say, You meet the nicest people on a Honda ... same goes for my scooter but not the way Honda implied.

Login or Register to Remove Ads