View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #3

I bought the old girl. Ran pretty good for not much use for the last several years, he was just putting around the lake they lived on. Was just over 80 miles to home. We stopped for dinner about 3/4 of the way home, on the final leg, she wouldn't get over 60mph at WOT, where before I was getting near 70 if I wanted to. I suspect the belt probably stretched and glazed a bit on the first part of the trip home. Who knows when it was last changed. I will change it shortly and check everything else down there while I am at it. BTDT on my Helix. Get up and go is excellent at the lower speeds. Just lost some of my top speed on the final leg of the trip home. Stereo was dead, but traced back to 2 blown fuses. Works great, but missing the clear rubber boot that protects it from rain getting into the controler that mounts on the glove box door. Anybody got one of those laying around?? I have a zip lock baggie to cover it for now as I plan to commute to work and it will set outside in the weather all day. A cover is planned, but that is a month or so away. Was a great ride home, his choice in tires wouldn't be my first, more of an aggressive tread like you might see on a Honda Ruckus and not this model. I will run them till they are shot then go with some Michelins. Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170716_210541.jpg (20.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20170716_210611.jpg (20.1 KB, 8 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads