Thread: Oil?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #40

I use the scooter mfg. recommended 15w40 however I use the gasoline/diesel engine compatible royal purple. And I absolutely love the way it runs with it. 5k miles per year. and my engine, cvt, and gearbox are heavily modded. Also its the same oil I run in my 1993 Cummins powered Dodge 1 ton flatbed dually truck, my 1991 Dodge Ramcharger, my garden tractor, my m1009 cucv (just sold it), and my 1969 boss 302 powered 1962 f100 4x4 truck(sold to parents recently). To show how much I like the way the royal purple performed I'll share a few examples of why I like it... when I bought my cummins truck 4 yrs ago it had been run on conventional oil well every time I took the throttle to wot when loaded it would lag horribly before the turbo would spool(turbo had gotten coked over the years). Well for spits and grins I tried out the royal purple within 2 miles the turbo spooled instantaneously when punched wot. After that I bought the Ramcharger and about a yr later it started having problems with the oil pressure bypass valve sticking open dumping all my oil pressure at idle... so I for spits and grins figured hey if it worked for my turbo why not try it here too... well an oil change later and a 30 min drive later no more oil pump pressure bypass sticking... so now I was impessed and intrigued as well I for spits and grins took an old piston I had lying around from an engine I had recently scavenged from the auto salvage yard it had almost a half inch thick layer of carbon on the top of the piston and the rings were glued into the ring lands with carbon, well I dropped it into a quart of 15w 40 royal purple I had just recently drained from my cummins engine well I let it sit overnight... the next morning I looked at a nice shiny piston with piston rings floating freely in their lands. Now I absolutely love the stuff and I've even noticed fuel mileage improvements too.

Last edited by Dodgeme; 07-27-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: more info