View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #9

Probably never titled. Normally for a title you need the certificate of origin which comes from the factory or place you bought it from. You would take that to DMV with your receipt and they make you a title. Like here in Texas. If you buy a scoot out of state from say amazon, they don't send you a Texas title. They give you a crated scooter and a certificate of origin which you give the DMV to register it and make you a title. If it comes from within the state then the dealer has to do it for you by law. It may not be as complicated as you think. If it has a VIN which does not come up stolen (if it doesn't show up at all that means technically it's not stolen, even if it actually is stolen it was never registered therefore it isn't stolen as far as the DMV is concerned) then you may need to jump through a few hoops because you don't have a certificate of origin. The certificate of origin is important because it gives the vital info of the scooter. GVWR, CC's, make, model, etc that goes on the title which as you probably know the DMV won't just take your word for it because you googled it. Worse case you pay a little extra and do a "homemade motorcycle" title. You take it to a M/C shop and they make you a certificate of origin for a small fee. If you don't respond back please at least PM me to let me know how it worked out. I'm curious.