View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #1

150 GY6 just stop running

So in the fall I crusin around and as I left my buddies driveway my 2009 GY6 roketa scooter just flat stopped running. I pushed her home and checked it out. I thought maybe it was a fuel problem, but the filter was fine and there was gas going to the carb. I went to check the spark and the wire that goes over the plug slightly come apart. I figure it must have stopped getting spark. I wanted to check more into it but it snowed that night so I put fuel treament in the tank and put her away for the winter. This weekend I would like to pull it out and get it running and jump on the scoot and buzz around again. But before I get to buy parts and stuff for it I want to see if anyone knows what the problem could be. I am being told to replace the CDI coil?? Could this be the problem? If so where do I find one? The local shop here wants $80 for just the parts. I have done valve adjustments and belt repairs and other repairs on this scoot so I am no stranger to taking it apart and working on it. Any one with some help or adice would be wonderful...

Login or Register to Remove Ads