View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Nice weather yesterday, almost 70 F ... and I could use a loaf of bread so why not? I fired up the scooter and headed out. Halfway there maybe a mile or two I remembered I forgot my high dollar teeth, so I turned around and at a stop light the motor died. Out of gas! The scooter did start and run enough to get me to the near by gas station, 2.85 dollars later 1.4 gallons. I head home, thinking about bumping fix the gas gauge up on the list and no bread. Later after dark and out of bread attempt number two... yeah I had my teeth, I got about a mile down the road and realized I'd forgot eye protection. Depending on the cop that could be just a warning or a couple of hundred bucks for a ticket, so back home .... attempt number 3 with the eye protection and teeth and I find nothing has changed in the last 50 years, a car pulls from a stop sign when it shouldn't have, no biggie slowed down a bit and we cleared. The rest of the trip was uneventful. Got the bread (100% whole wheat) and home safe and sound. On the list now... fix that damn rear view mirror that won't stay put, get the numbers off the belt so I can order a spare, fix gas gauge, install the new back brake shoes, put correct nuts on exhaust studs, order clear speedometer plastic, install new back shocks when they arrive, probably another dozen things. That rear view mirror... it's a metal sleeve inside the plastic housing, thus far it's been a problem finding the right stuff to hold the metal to the plastic. Any ideas?
Did you remember your nose to perch the eye protection on? It's that thing that sticks out between your teeth & the eye protection! All that I can think of is a new mirror! You don't think that you use it much until it is broken or gone! Irish