View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #13

I also purchased a Roman 150 during the past couple of weeks. I was somewhat dismayed by the condition it was in, beyond my cursory inspection upon delivery. There were missing parts (most noticeably the steering column bolt and nut), and the front panel was noticeably dinged. Truthfully, I wasn't surprised, but I started wondering what I was in for otherwise. My intent is to install the Rolling Wrench replacement stuff (quite spendy, imo), but since winter is coming where I live, I was curious to see if the thing would function as delivered. I got it all together, checked the engine space to see if there were any glaring anomalies, and *changed the oil*. I put some gas in it and proceeded to the acid test. Since the electrical was working properly, why not turn it over? It took about 5 tries and the thing started like a champ. I let it run for a half an hour, and stated it again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Great success -- purrs like a kitten, and yeah, it's *really* smelly. I ran it again today, and made 'garage laps' -- it was raining. I think this thing is gonna be really fun, and I'm gonna take it out this weekend.
My *detailed* PDI will probably happen in the spring, as the riding season here (MN) is fast winding down.