View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus26 View Post
Man, you are one motivated individual. Hat's off to you.

I find that I almost always use my center stand. Once in a while I'll use the side stand, but that's usually when I'm at home. It just seems "tippy" to me. I always imagine a good stiff breeze or a shopping cart laying it over while I'm in the store.

I don't know if this is true for scooters, but growing up working on air-cooled VWs it was always a rule of thumb to let it warm up a little before making the engine push you down the road. I start it on the center stand and it revs high enough to spin the back wheel for a minute. Then, when the choke opens up, the idle spools down and evens out. The CVT stops spinning the wheel at that point, and I feel like I'm good to go. Not only does this allow the oil to splash around everywhere it's supposed to, but it also lets all the metal bits warm up and snuggle in. John Muir's "How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive" taught me a lot about air cooled engines and how to (and not to) take care of them.

Happy riding!
I read that VW book! Awesome! Had many Beetles growing up and part of my adult life.

Thanks for your thoughts...did you see my post about speedometer issues?

Last edited by nwscooterboy; 07-26-2014 at 04:41 PM.