View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #6

I hear ya on being unhappy at the 2 year mark! I know Honda calls for a special anti-freeze in their scooters and motorcycles, and I wonder if Yamaha does as well? I might pick-up a Honda Ruckus or a Genuine Rough House for a back-up vehicle. I'm torn between the more complicated but efficient Ruckus motor vs. the simple stinky 2-stroke. Honda will get dealer serviced, Genuine by me. And you want a good blockage story? I had a 2000 Ford Ranger, the 3.0 turtle six. Loved and looked after it since new. At 90,000 miles I started getting weird running hot issues. Had a oil change place do a Bilstein flush on the block. It clogged their filter 3 times! Inside of the block was solid rust and gunk. Ran fine after the flush but I ended up selling it. Still have no idea what caused it but I think the wrong coolant was used. I also know someone who has 60,000-I'm not kidding-miles on a Honda Metro. He has never changed the anti-freeze in it. Runs great and never gives him any issues. Glad you got the Zuma sorted out!