View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #9

I could see how one would not need to rejet if the difference between the stock exhaust pipe and the performance pipe is minimal. Or If the rider has a stock air box still. Or a stock muffler since that will still keep it restricted. I have a performance air filter and a free flow muffler. I did have to rejet after the air filter mod. The last thing needing to be done would be to upgrade the pipe. might need to rejet after that. I will most likely make one thats even less restrictive than the ones i see for sell.

The exhaust side can affect the a/f ratio as well. I think. Dont quote me lol. I am thinking and I can see your point. I dont know how to explain it, but from working on vehicles, I know that changing headers and pipes and mufflers can increase hp. And that has to come from more air flow.(then the efi would throw in more gas to compensate, or it would need a rejet if carburated)

Then again, maybe the unrestricted exhaust just might let the combusted air out the chamber quicker so there is more room for the already mixed a/f mixture. I think you might be right prodigit...my head hurts :(

Also, would a larger carb be better to? Its a 24mm currently