View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #7

Cheapeto
"But I always felt HD should have done more to save those smaller motorcycles."

I completely agree. I think when Willie was younger he had visions of grandeur, and wanted the biggest, most expensive bikes on the planet coming from his facilities.

That stuck us with $25,000.00 motorcycles, and all the fun was gone.

I'd LOVE to see the old horizontal scramblers made available again. Modern dirt bikes will kick their ass but that's not the market for them. Every town/city in America has some field or vacant lot that will suffice as an impromptu flat track. It gets old, riding a 1969 Vespa 125 in circles pretending it's a Harley...

A reborn Harley NoPed would be a BLAST!!!

How about a city commuter? Little 49cc street bike w/ a gear box? Dual purpose 49cc machines?
Heck for what it costs to build just 3-4 models, and target them at bettering our life/planet... It seems to me a no brain'er.

I live in rural NW Florida, and the only transportation I really need is a 49cc scooter (highly modified of course). I get everywhere I need to go, every day of the week, and like I said above I use approx 25 gallons of fuel a year.
I wonder WTF is wrong with people that refuse to see what they are doing by refusing the benefit(s) in using smaller personal transportation. AT LEAST part time!!!

Crappy builds? No service/repair shops? Any high school kid can repair these things for pennies compared to that Perius or 6 wheel Dodge. I said no brain'er. Maybe I should say NO BRAINS!
My head hurts...