View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #10

Our club tries not to be snobs but at the same time we are not mechanics. I say this because most of the times we see a China scooter come up (either on our forum or before a ride) its always something mechanical getting ready to fail and they need help fixing it. Now I have been on a few of the China scooter rides and I love riding with them, and rarely have any scoots broken down so its a common stereotype. This is how our "snob" club sorta fixed it the slow/China scoot problem. We ask that your scoot be capable of a minimum of 45mph. My scoot is ALWAYS the slowest so if you cant keep up with me then you will soon be playing catch up. We do make sure everyone knows where the end of the ride is, and I will usually backtrack if someone gets left behind. Some of us have our scoots registered as motorcycles and are legal as a motorcycle. Others (like me) will chance a Moped tag above 45mph BUT I do have a state inspection, insurance and a M class on my license so I dont really care if I get stopped. Our group rides fast and hard, the China group rides for fun all slow and easy. I ride with both whenever possible. I responded to a Offerup ad looking for riders and I got a response but never a invite for a ride. He also has a Adly RT50 so maybe getting riders together was harder than he thought! I have a EZpass and can get to his side of the water no problem.