View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 10:53 PM   #2

Neither model is still being imported into the US anymore, but don't let that be an issue. The Piaggio is a nice scooter. Mirrors are CRAZY expensive! Also, make sure it has the master key! Missing master key is a bad sign. Servicing is also expensive and parts are a tad bit more complicated to get in a hurry. Great, fast and fun scooter though.

The Kymco is also very nice. Kymco was constantly changing models around in the US market. I think Kymco has the edge in parts support, but you might get stuck ordering online as well. I also feel the Kymco may have the edge in servicing it yourself with fewer cuss words vs. the Piaggio. Again, the Kymco is a fast and fun scooter.

Modern Vespa forum never has anyone mention the X9. The Kymco forum is all but dead last I checked. Not sure how hard it is to get a physical service manual for either one, but you may prefer a download one.

Sit on both for fit. Can you test ride either of them? The price seems good on both. Oh, go read up on each model on Motor Scooter Guide. Both are listed. My wife and I almost bought a X9 but it was missing the master key and the right mirror was damaged from being dropped. I have a PIaggio Liberty 150 and its been a great scooter. I've also owned a Kymco People 250, the ugly first generation. It was a flat out little tank! Good luck in your choice!