View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #1

Unusual charging issue

It all started when I was riding my 1 year old Tao Tao Zummer 49cc and stopped to have an ice cream at the local dairy freeze. Then I tried to leave and the battery was dead. After walking it back home. I ordered a new 8 pole stator. When it came, I noticed it didn't have the green wire on the plug like the old one. I contacted the seller and he assured me it's not needed.
Installed it and it still ran but doesn't charge. I then ordered a new regulator. Same problem. I heard that it's very common to get a bad new regulator. I ordered another regulator and another 8 pole 5 wire stator and a new flywheel/rotor and a new gel battery. Still no luck. Now I'm getting smart and finally started testing things according to various forums and youtube repair videos. I get all the desired readings from every wire till I connect the meter to the battery. The readout goes nuts! It's scrambled so fast you can't get a reading! I tried another meter and same thing. I tried another known-good battery and no change. If there's an electrical expert here I sure would appreciate your help because If this continues much longer I'm going to be the local bars best customer!

Login or Register to Remove Ads