View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #11

I did get the manual transmission version which gets about 3 mpg more than the auto. I don't mind the shifting.

And for prodigit what is amazing is I used to own a VT750 Shadow Spirit. This bike has actually both more useable power and more torque than that bike has on top of being more fuel efficient. It truly is as revolutionary as they say. A lot of people think it can't be but I'd say the only improvement they might have been able to incorporate is gasoline direct injection. Theoretically that should be able to net them another 15% or so better fuel efficiency.

One thing I'm definitely looking forward to are longer road trips like a LA to Vegas run since I do make those on a regular basis in my car. Of course 110F in summer can be a bit bothersome so maybe a few spring time trips out there. I have my best friend who's a college professor there where I can crash at his place so Vegas is a regular stop for me. The 700x definitely makes for an excellent highway bike once properly kitted with a larger windshield and possibly leg wind deflectors. It may not have 150 horsepower or more but it's nearly completely vibration free at all highway speeds so it's good for long distance travel. I don't know what people are talking about who say it's not powerful enough. It can't go 200 mph sure but for all manner of legal and somewhat irresponsible freeway speeds it has no problem and enough passing power to shame all but the most powerful sports cars.