View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertydude View Post
So it does sound like a fueling problem. I can almost guarantee you a full desmog plus the new fuel pump will fix the stalling problem.
This completely made my bike run like a Cadillac. Not one of the 80's Cadillac's, I'm talkin a post 2000 CTSV Cadillac. I think you'll figure the desmog out once you dig into it. It's pretty self explanatory honestly. If I recall you only have one vacuum line going to the charcoal canister. Remove that vacuum line and I think I put mine directly on my petcock. This leaves you with a fuel tank vent. Just vent to atmosphere with a fuel filter. I drilled a 3/8 hole and ran it out just before/ in front of my tail light and zip stripped it to the bottom of my book rack. It's not noticeable. The big hose on the valve cover gets capped/plugged. Then if I recall there is one more vacuum line that goes to the exhaust pipe crap. That get's capped. If I'm missing something somebody please jump in. It's been a few beers since my last DESMOG, but it was real easy. I do remember that. I went with all new US made hoses at the same time.