View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoverypunk View Post
how easy are any of the things you suggested?
Well, let's just say that six months ago I had absolutely no experience with motors of any kind what-so-ever. But by now I've done just about every performance upgrade to my scooter. I'll warn you that it just takes some patience.

If you can't afford an impact wrench then this video should help some:

I've never used an impact wrench in my life, so I can't help you much there, haha.

There's a small chance your former scooter may have been a "Secret 60", a 63cc engine disguised as a 49cc. With most 49cc scooters 45mph is tops, even with the optimistic speedometer and all the mods. A 63cc could possibly reach speeds of 50mph though the gears would limit it to roughly 50mph max.

If you're just looking for faster takeoff, better acceleration, and all around better performance then there are a bunch of easy simple upgrades you can do, like the ones mentioned. But if you want to go all out and really get 50mph on flats with your scooter you're going to need a Big Bore Kit.

Oh, and your scooter will get a little bit faster with breaking it in some. Give it another 1k miles and she should be nice and broken in.
16/50 Performance Gears
Six 9g Dr. Pulley variator slider weights
2k clutch springs
38 Pilot Jet
95 Main Jet
Pirelli SL-26 Tires
10w40 Castrol 4T
A9 Camshaft
Performance exhaust
81.2889cc, 50mm BBK