View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 06:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugdish View Post
Thanks Ebuddy, tried spraying around the carb and intake manifold, and no changes. I was curious myself about a hairline fracture around the manifold. I did, however, replace fuel pump. I kept thinking back to when it would die, there was no fuel in the filter and wouldn't restart right away because it would end up with an air-lock of some sort, after being sucked dry. So far, it is running like normal. Long test ride tomorrow. So maybe, for whatever reason, not enough vacuum was provided to the fuel pump, gas shuts off?

Appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks,
Jugdish
Reading this post from you, I noticed you said...."when it would die, there was no fuel in the filter". This is a problem...no fuel reaching filter, means no fuel to carb or combustion chamber. I would not waste any money on electrical components, until after I got the fuel flowing.

Does this machine still have the canisters and all of the hoses associated with an emissions control system? Is there something in your tank, blocking the flow?
Don't over think this, something is plugged, or you are loosing vacuum somewhere, or your pump(if tank is lower than carb), your petcock(if tank is above the carb), is no good, or plumbed wrong.