View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #13

You sure know how to pack a lot of punch in your posts. Kind of reminds me of someone...

You certainly have quite a history w/ your bike as well.
I'll start from the bottom up.
Carb size on the 150cc is usually around 24mm. That's a good balance of flow volume, and flow speed or velocity. As a general rule velocity is your friend. The faster the charge flows the better the atomization of the fuel, and the quicker the throttle response.
Faster velocity is accomplished by a smaller carb bore. Asa you modify things like the exhaust (open baffle) or intake filter (K&N type) or head porting/valve work you also have to increase the volume of the intake charge. That equals a larger diameter carb.

For example... Open the exhaust baffle=26mm. Exhaust, and air filter=28mm. Exhaust, air filter, ported head =28mm. Just sort of a general way of looking at it.

Those Lifans use a flange type mount that is cast onto the carb for mounting. That makes the carbs a little more expensive BUT, there are adapters available that allow you to mount a flange on the engine, and rubber couple any (OKO, Mikuni, CVK clones, whatever) after market carb. That is the route I would take.
I think Benji at TreatlandTV.com has those adapters. He's a great guy, and really knows these engines. Tell him Zombie sent you, and you'll be golden...

The anti theft stuff... I used to carry a 1/2" chain on my bikes when I lived where people stole bikes. I ran it from wheel to wheel. There was no rolling that.
With the world today, and SOOOO MANY thieves around it's a tough call. GPS is probably your best bet. I mean you go to the mall, and your shit is gone. I guess you could say I'm more of a "Dirty Harry" fan than I am a "It takes a Thief" fan.
More people need their arses blasted today than ever before. Just the way it is...

Anyway... I'd spend a few hours camped out on Ebay looking up Lifan. There is a TON of after market stuff, and you'll find practically everything you will need at the best cost.
Then once you find the parts you need, call Benji (Treatland), and see what he can do on pricing. He's still passionate about these small bikes, and is very willing to help a bro out.

OIL< OIL< OIL!!! Every day, and every two months...
Check it every day, and change it every two months. Full synthetic is what I use (after breakin), and it's so cheap for these little bikes that there is no reason not to change it often.