View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltex78 View Post
LOL! I just downloaded and printed the 54b owners manual. Now I'm more confused than ever!

Reading and research is making me lean more toward the 54B. I generally like the looks of the front end of the 54b and the back end of the 79. I like the extended aluminum floorboards on the 54, and prefer the handlebar-mounted mirrors over the extended pylons on the 79. I still prefer the wheels on the 79, but they look okay on the 54 except for the red option. I'll probably be going with the blue with silver for my second choice. I want light-colored for high visibility on the road...

The 54 looks like it would have a large front storage compartment, but for some reason, no one ever posts pics of the storage compartments with anything for scale... That's one of the features I'm most curious about...

Front glove compartment storage
Underseat storage
Rear trunk storage

Can a standard-sized laptop generally be fit into the trunk on one of these?
The front glove box on the MC45-250 B will hold about three packs of cigarettes stacked per side. That's it. I have trouble cramming my ball cap in there and getting the door shut.

If you get the MC%$ with the linhai motor in it you will be able to fit a half helmet under the seat, no more. the under seat is shallow with the linhai motor. you will be able to fit a laptop under there. A full size helmet or a laptop could fit in trunk storage, but the trunks are rattle traps, and I took mine off immediately after getting it home.

I am told the cfmoto clone engine MC54's have more storage space under the seat, but I do not know for certain.

Hope that helps.
I would take pictures for you, but ALL my body panels including the under seat bucket happen to be off my bike ATM.

Smoak.