View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigit View Post
I also prefer a 150 (or tuned BBK 50cc) for round town riding.
I feel like my ATM50 is ALMOST enough for city riding, with one exception, is the acceleration between 20-35MPH.
Something a BBK could solve.

As far as MPG numbers on a 2stroke, it's kind of moot. A 2 stroke's fuel is a lot more expensive, due to the oil added to the fuel, thus can not compare to a 4 stroke.
If anything, if a 50cc 4 stroke gets 100MPG, a 2 stroke needs to get 125MPG to get even in fuel economy. A 150cc gets more than the power of a 2 stroke 50cc, while getting between 65-75MPG (85-95MPG for fuel injected). A 2 stroke 50cc would need to get at least 90-100MPG to beat the 150cc; $$ for $$ in fuel economy.

as far as reliability, it all depends on what brand, where made etc.
But under exactly the same conditions, a 2 stroker lasts less long than a 4 stroker.
Way more heat, runs way less efficient, and has way more wear.
Hi
Are these numbers your posting based on first hand knowledge or just a guess on your part
I own both 2 t 50s and 4 t 50s and their mileage is very close in fact my 95 cc bbk redstreak gets poorer mileage then my 2 t aprilia
And as to the oil a 2 t uses less or the same amount of oil that a 4 t would use between oil changes
I use a quart of oil or less every 500 or so miles for both 2 t and 4 t
And if well mantained and taken care of a 2 t can last just as long if not longer
I hardly even have to push "april" to wot but with the 4t i do so more wear on the 4t as opposed to the 2t
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank