View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 01:02 AM   #2

If you do FB, Offer or C-List, meet them at a local police station to conduct the transaction. I have another friend who meets people at a local busy bank during business hours. Comes in extra handy if you need something notarized. Selling to a friend is another option but comes with the drama of something happening down the road and them saying you sold them a lemon. When I sell a used scooter its usually a referral from a friend or someone I've sold to before. Whats crazier is I sometimes have them come to my house to purchase. I'm either trusting or lucky.

Things to note. CASH IN HAND for a test ride. If they drop it, they bought it. Period. I rarely carry a gun as it seems to cause more trouble than good but I do carry pepper spray. Never had any issues that I needed either one. Have your title with you but NOT SIGNED until after the cash changes hands. If you loose a signed title on the way to sell your scooter (it happens) a big DMV mess will ensue. My friend has the buyer sign a "AS IS" paper but I've never bothered.

And yes, all dealers will low ball you if they make an offer. I had the same thing when I went to sell my ADLY. I covered it under my ADLY RT50 mini-review. I have done consignments thru a local dealer before but they were mostly higher end scooters or motorcycles. Things that usually require finance. I'm in no way a dealer, just an average hobbyists that resells scooter and motorcycles sometimes.

Good luck on your sale!