View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #14

An aftermarket pipe as well as a Uni or K&N style airfilter it will be lean you so will need a larger jet again . My scooter dealer told me about a 2T that ran hot and would soft seize . It could idle for every but would seize under 1,000 feet . Now it did have the 7 plug and was lean . Replaced the plug with the 8 version and larger main jet and it was good .

Are you going to reuse the cilynder ? If so use a honer wet with oil to smooth it out . I had a wristpin come out and it ate up the piston , head and cilinder . I first tried just replacing the piston with a new one but the head was ate up . I did smooth it so it would seat but no start . Put on a new head and cylinder it fired up the first time . If the oil pump pumps too much oil it can also be lean since not enough fuel . I learned this since I put in a sip of oil in the gas tank thinking it would be a fail safe option in case the pump did not deliver enough oil but plug chops told me it got lean with the extra oil . Make sure you wet the piston real good with 2T oil or even better engine assembly grease to prevent a dry start . Be carfull about switching out the fan even though it may be lighter so less drag it may not cool as good according to what I read from those who did that mod .

I tried a hot plug on my CR 125 it never seized since I ran jets so large it was set up for WTFO or racing not trail riding but I could feel the heat diff and it did not run as good . I tried this in the summer . Put the old plug back in and ran like a champ