View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #18

Thank you so very much for this valuable information!
The website I got it from said the bike can go upto 65MPH, but I doubt it.
Then again, they also said the ATM50 could do 40+MPH, but out of the box it only did 35MPH.
With gapping the spark plug, I was able to achieve 45+MPH, and a small windshield, trunk removed, LED tail light I gained another 3 MPH, and now after 2k miles it tops out at 50MPH.
(Of course, pumping the tires to 35PSI also helped).

The LED tail light issue is connected to the stator. The ATM50 was very sensitive to voltage drain, resulting in the spark plug not getting enough spark voltage. Once I changed the rear tail light to a LED, and gapped the spark plug (reduced height by 1/3rd), it responded way better!

Where any of the upgrades necessary to make your bike function? Or did it work nice out of the box, and where the upgrades doing a noticeable improvement?
On my Tao ATM50 I have over 2k miles on the stock belt, and haven't had any issues with it yet.
I also found that the stock fuel lines seemed to work just fine.

Also, by how much is the speedo off? (like, when you say 55MPH, how much is that on the speedo?)
I'm only 170LBS, so I suppose I might go a little faster?

I suppose you're still breaking in the engine at 125mi, so it would not be unimaginable, if you'd gain another 5 MPH before hitting another 500miles.

Login or Register to Remove Ads