View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 07:30 AM   #2

I love your scooter!!
My Honda Big Ruckus comes stock with 156 grams,@ 26 grams per roller.
Slugo off the line, ramps up 45mph decently, then you feel a bit of lag, but she will get up to and hold 72-75 or so, depending on where I'm riding.
So I swapped mine out, 3-20 gram sliders, with 3-17 gram rollers.
I Dremeled out 18 gram rollers and weighted them to 17 grams.
I was able to follow BRed's threads (with Vapor charts and graphs) over at TotalRuckus.com. Big Ruckus section/then under Performance threads.
He has a slew of excellent tutorials on how to get the lead of the BR's ass, and make it a much more fun machine without any engine machine work.
I also did the hot engine running valve adjustment, and reset my idle, and A/F setting.
Erlandson belts are over at Motorcycle Superstore, mine is about $50.00 or so.

I hope she gives you years of fun.
I bought my BR used, and drove to go get it. When there and looking it over, the guy, seemed to think I was going to walk, away and I was backing out of the deal.
He dropped his price, before I could open my mouth or take it for a spin!!
He did not know about TotalRuckus, (there is a Big Scooter section over there) and how the people were helping each other with how to get the lead out their scooters.
Hondas rear shock for the BR is/was worthless, we installed Ohlins? or YSS.
I think Partizilla, (probably others as well) the parts filch will show what parts can be used on different scooters, of the same brand.
I have come to have the greatest respect for Honda and her small engines. As a young man I hungered for power and speed, the 8 funerals in 1976, made me realize, there is more to life.
I did not ride again for more then 30 years, built a family, a career, put away some investments.
And then I saw a Big Ruckus, and it's ugliness made me love and treasure it!!
Now I get such great dismayed, and sad looks from the big bore folks, it makes me love it all the more!!
But hey, I see beauty in mud puddles, love to give the finger to standard thinking.
Have a blast on that great find man.