View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #1

Trouble starting/running

Hi All. Hope you can offer some guidance for me.

I've had my SSR Verona 150 (http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/.../verona150.htm) for about 5 months and it was running/starting great in the first few months, I ride it pretty much daily in Northern California. I had previously gone through the Big Guy PDI and replaced all the fuel lines, spark plug, fuel filter, fuse, etc, etc.

Over the past month or so I noticed that it would take two tries to get it to start which I wasn't overly concerned about at the time. The first attempt it would always turn over, but then die.

A week ago it failed to start one day at around 11am despite plenty of tries on the starter, attempted kick starting, etc. It just wouldn't turn over. So I pulled the spark plug and put in the one that came with it from the factory (only spare on hand at the time, but it was a NGK CR7HSA) and it started up on the second press. It was idling a little rough though and I noticed that when taking off from the lights I would get some disconcerting hesitation before the power came in. Top speed or fuel consumption doesn't appear to be affected, just idle and starting off.

Today it failed to start again at around 9am so I replaced the spark plug again with a brand new one but nothing. I just got home now after leaving it in the sun for the first half of the day and it started right up, though it was laboring a bit at idle.

I'm hoping I can get some diagnostic advice to find the issue and get it going.

Login or Register to Remove Ads