View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 06:49 PM   #3

Yesterday it got up into the low/mid 60s so I unhooked a battery from the battery tender and took it to the rental storage area where all of my scooters hibernated for the winter. Hooked the battery up in the 2006 Reflex and started cranking....... After the float bowl filled she sputtered to life but didn't stall and finally settled into a nice steady warm purr. Put the tools away while it idled then took it for a few laps around the storage area property. I grinned as the wind rushed by mixed with the sound of the soft growl of the Reflex exhaust reverberating between the rows of long storage buildings. No hesitation when giving the throttle a quick twist. Good!!! Parked it back in the storage space satisfied with the easy start and run after the long winter nap.

Still waiting for it to get a little warmer and for some spring rains to come and rinse the road salt away before venturing out. Next time we have a day like this again, a fully charged battery will go into the Silverwing then they will both make the short mile & 1/2 trip to the driveway at home for much needed baths. Riding season here in SE Michigan is off to a tentative start with bikes of all sorts making their way out into the brief episodes of spring warmth & sunshine. I even saw that new trike, the Slingshot cruising through the downtown area the other day. Full on riding season is right around the corner!!!!
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me

Login or Register to Remove Ads