View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:24 AM   #5

Thank you for the exceptional diagram Rhompin! I'll look when I get home, and see what I can tell.

Techie, I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. By float, do you mean the bobble that measures how full your tank is? How can that be stuck open, and how do I check? I'm sorry, I probably sound ignorant, but I haven't really worked on bikes before.

OH! I just thought of a couple things I did, and wonder if either of them could've affected the gas line? When I recharged the battery, at first it wouldn't start. I opened the seat, and took off a cover to a cylindrical device below it, and a spring popped out. I retrieved the spring, and ensured there was no dust on it and put it back in. After that, the bike started. (?)

The second thing is that after that, I decided to check the oil, and began looking for the dipstick. On a line that runs to the chain/belt drive, there is a little cap that looks like a dipstick. It looks somewhat like an air valve cover, except it seems to clamp on, rather than screw. There is a tension wire clamp around the base where it fastens into the rubber that holds it on more securely. I was trying to figure out how to get that off to check the oil, but now I can see it must be the fuel line. It didn't seem like I even budged or affected it, but could either of those two tamperings be related to the newest issue I'm having?

I appreciate the feedback, thank you!

-Luked

Ride like your life depends on it!

Login or Register to Remove Ads