Thread: Scooter Blanket
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigit View Post
You know, one member once suggested me a ponjo. Those cheap $1 ponjo's; and they work quite fine in cutting wind.
Just as long as you got warm clothes under them, the plastic ponjo's don't allow the wind to go deep in your clothing, robbing you of precious temperatures!

I always have one with me on my scoot, not only for the rain, but also for the wind.

Which is something I'd suggest you to look at, if your blanket is rain proof or not...
I don't need the blanket when it's raining because the temp is above freezing. All my gear is water proof and is quite sufficient at temps above 20. The blanket is for temps under that and if we get precipitation at those temps it's snow and my windshield prevents all of that from hitting me as long as I'm moving and my commute has only 3 stoplights. Thanks for the suggestion and I think you mean a rain poncho which won't cover my legs like this does or trap heat all that well. I don't like the idea of that thing flapping around at 75 mph either.

Thanks for bringing this out though as it makes it clear the blanket only covers my legs

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing