View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #2

I have 2 pretty large tool boxes with pretty much anything needed. I've modded old cars, rebuilt motorcycles and even got into Japanese sports cars for awhile when my sister dumped a messed-up Eclipse on me. For 90% of scooter work I have a small Craftsman metric socket set, a larger metric socket set and a metric wrench set. A standard/metric feeler gag set (for valves) and a set of screwdrivers. Oh, and a decent torque wrench set. Rarely go into the other tool box drawers anymore. Its the special tools that are needed for scooter service work that add up. Clutch compressor/holder, variator holder(s), clutch puller (Honda Silverwing), bearing pressers, bearing pullers, crank shaft puller (hate those things), case sealers and other tools I haven't touched since getting out of 2-strokes and selling my motorcycle lift. Just pick up a metric small and large socket set, metric open end wrenches, screwdriver set and standard/metric feeler gauges. And a decent torque wrench. Should be good for starting out. Key word is metric.