View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #1

Hyosung MS3-250 overheating

I've had this Hyosung MS3-250 for 4 years now, have 9600 miles on it now. Never had a problem with it overheating before, although others have said that their temperature guage never goes over 2 bars, mine would always run at 2 bars out of town, but go to three bars in town. The guage goes to 5 bars total. For the last week it still runs at 2 bars out of town, but after riding in town for a while it will go to 5 bars and overheat. I like to ride this thing, but am not the most mechanically inclined person. I took the front cover off and cleaned out the radiator fins, started the scooter and kept an eye on the fan, it would come on and off like it is supposed to, never went over three bars. Then I took it for a ride around town for about half an hour, never went over three bars. Then took it for a ride out in the country and it went to 2 bars. Came back into town and it went to 5 bars and overheated again after about 10 minutes of riding in town. I can't hear if the fan is running while the scooter is running, but I shut it off and turned the key back on and the fan was running. It's been like this for the last week. What do I need to do to find out what is causing this. I thought about buying a new sensor or thermoswitch, but I don't want to go buying a bunch of parts and not knowing what it is, the parts aren't real cheap for this scooter. Love to ride but don't like to fix them. No hyosung dealers in my area.

Login or Register to Remove Ads