Thread: Battery Issues?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #6

Thanks Hank!

I'm afraid I don't know, I don't know how to check the valves yet!

But get this, as soon as I left from typing the last post, I went out to start it, and it didn't start at all! It just kept turning over. I pushed it all the way home, and plugged it into the charger, and already it took several hours to charge, though I had just purchased and charged it. When it was full, I unplugged it and took a nap. When I got up, I tried to start it, and it wouldn't start! So I connected to the charger, and it was still charging when I left by foot to type this. Something is draining that battery!

I did make one change, which I undid before the current charging effort. When I took the battery off to replace, I installed the plug for the charger so I could connect it at any time, rather than using the clamps. It has two rings that screw under the wires on the battery terminal, and simply connects to the cord. I wonder if that would've been draining it? The other thing is, the red connection has two wires to connect, and I wonder if it makes a difference what order they're in, or what order the rings on the charger were on. It did run all day though before this, so I wonder if the battery draining all the way was enough to ruin it?

I appreciate all the advice!

Ride like your life depends on it!