View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #22

I live 30 mins from Scooters 2 Go and Grand Rapids Scooter. A local family bought 5 Scooters from them last year. The CY50T3 were all ok..EXCEPT..all hard warped rear wheels. Did some research and checked with a few dealers as well. Reason the wheels warped is that they are cast....and in a hurry to fill orders...were removed from the Mold too soon causing warpage. They were however replaced free from the company under warranty. As for the Peace Sports B09 they got...pure Lemon.Sitting outside right now for me to work on.MANY of the wires were pinched and shorted by fasteners and components screwed...bolted or Zip Tied to the frame. The wiring harness has more shorts than you can imagine. Right brake switch...tail lights shorted dead. Scooter would only start intermittently and shut off intermittently. While running if you hit a bump..or touched/move the wiring harness..it would shut off. testing with a multimeter while cranking showed no current. Wiggle the harness and it did.Fixed those shorts and found the Stator plug to be bad as well..connectors were not making good contact..so you would lose power to the lights...ignition or battery charging circuit separately and randomly each wire at its own time. Replaced both connectors..problem solved. The lights kept blowing..in which a test of the Voltage Regulator turned up bad. Replaced that and all works fine now. What is my point here? Answer...if a true PDI had been done..the faulty tail lights...head lights caused by shorts would have been noticed..as well as the poor stator connection causing intermittent loss of lighting...charging and loss of ignition...each separately and not all at the same time..they took turns malfunctioning. Not putting this all on the seller for as we all know most all Chinese Scoots come with a minor issue or two...but this one had WAY to many to not be noticed.
Seeing the add and price on Craigslist I decided to visit them and get another Scoot. Once there..the selling price was a few hundred dollars more than advertised. My next trip will be to Grand Rapids Scooters to see how their customer service is and what they have to offer. Also to see if price quoted is the actual price once I get there.
Glenn