View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #17

Here we go again

This is Jerry with Scooters To Go. Once again I must defend myself against the actions of Grand Rapids Scooter. They have accused me of all sorts of misdeeds which are false in addition to posting two fraudulent claims with Ripoff Report. The last posting on this forum was one of Jason's from a year or so ago. Complete lie. No such customer ever existed. Same with the second.

Let me begin by stating that we probably shouldn't have posted this particular scooter as an Amore' (please notice the apostrophe). Valley Scooters has chosen to name their scooter the Amore (please notice the LACK of apostrophe). Obviously this has led to some confusion by people who can't read or only read what they want. It is like resume and resume', two completely different words. Our future ads will be more specific and say "compare to Amore". The fact is, they are made by ZNEN just like Valley's, Puma's, BMS's and a few more importers. While ours may be missing some bling as noted by John, it shows up in the price. Greater variety and pricing pressure benefits the consumer.

Secondly, I am not disgruntled by Valley choosing not to sell scooters to me. In fact, I respect the fact that they do offer a protected territory. Grand Rapids Scooter basically got into business by duplicating my business model and purchasing the same scooters I offered while selling out of their garage because I was not selling brands that provided territorial protection. They had no commercial property expenses, no liability insurance in the event someone gets hurt on a test drive, no garage liability if they forgot to tighten an axle nut and some poor guy got run over. Oh, and of course, they would always price just below me. In addition, they were so abusive and defamatory on Craigslist last year my attorney had to send them a letter warning them to Cease and Desist! It appears that I will now pay the lawyer again. It has become a cost of doing business these days for those of us who lead our markets. Competitors don't like it when you beat them and right away they are on the internet spreading lies, partial truths or gossiping (usually anonymously) about you.

I placed a call to Valley Scooters and spoke with Linda just a few weeks ago when I discovered that Grand Rapids Scooter had signed an exclusive territory agreement with Puma Motorsport. Puma carries a similar line of ZNEN manufactured scooters as Valley. I was just wondering if Valley was willing to sell me scooters in light of the fact that their old dealer could now purchase the same products for substantially less money (Puma is known as the lowest price among ZNEN importers). If I were either Puma or Valley I would cut the retailer loose because I know they can't and won't sell enough of my product to be worth the time- especially if there is another retailer a few miles away who sells at least 3x as many scooters and has been around for many years. That is a business decision they get to make. Valley said they were going to stick with Grand Rapids Scooter so I went on and located another ZNEN importer. I have the ability to price these units at $999 and look who is complaining- my competition! As John Stossel would say "Give me a break!"