View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #20

I think I only have 3 vacuum lines left. The vacuum source comes from the intake tube before the carb, after the filter. It pulls vacuum on belt housing and rocker arm cover from a Tee. Then you have one from the carb vacuum port to the brass colored cap on the carb. That's your mainjet needle diaphragm. You gotta have that! The 3rd is a straight shot from Carb vacuum port to petcock valve. You have to have that. Everything else goes. Use original ports when you do it. For example if the left vacuum port comes up and Tee's into a bunch of crap but also feeds your petcock, remove all other crap and leave that port on your petcock. This is a constant manifold vacuum source. You need the timed manifold vacuum source for your needle diaphragm, so trace the one feeding the bronze cap. Trace it to the correct port. Go directly from that port brass cap. You're good. Also check out my other posts on here. I tried to put every thing that when wrong with my scoot and a corrective action on here. Some of them have feedback from other members but most were ignored. If they were ignored I took that as a thumbs up because people will jump all in your cool aid if they think you say something wrong. So no feedback was good I guess. I think my DESMOG is on here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads