View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #4

[QUOTE=CTscoot;537323]
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey360360 View Post
Who manufacures the engine? From what I can find those came with either the Linhai VOG250 or the Honda Helix 244 clone, I can't find much on them that being said.

Hi casey360360,

As I understand it's the Honda Helix 244 Clone.

Regards
Ctscoot
Disclaimer, I'm not familiar with Honda's electronics in their scooters. I'm going off of my work with Suzuki and Yamaha and their clones. Take what I say with a grain of salt, as it's better than nothing but not as good as a professional's word. I'm an Automotive tech, not a motorcycle tech.

With what you're describing I would start by inspecting the CDI module, it should be the 2 plug I think 8 pin style. Honestly, you can get a performance replacement coil, CDI and plug for $15 on Amazon, just search Honda CN250 performance CDI, it may be worth it to just replace them and see if that fixes the problem. Worst case is you have spares now. I suggest this because (in my experience with other scooters) the CDI controls the auto choke, when the CDI starts failing you'll experience issues with the auto choke and/or spark advanced. I have a very similar issue with my Linhai, the CDI failed and I replaced it with the wrong one, the spark advanced causes late and pre detonation as well as it doesn't actuate the choke.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk