View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #4

If its the torque driver, rebuilding it can be a PITA but sometimes they need a re-grease. And the reason I asked about the spark plug, bootleg plugs are a annoying problem. We got a batch of NGK bootleg plugs awhile back and they were causing a slight lean seize issue. Now realize these plugs were being used in temperamental 2-strokes that love to seize if given the option-but these plugs drove us crazy until we figured it out. Ugh, my eye twitches just thinking about it! I've never worked on a Piaggio 4 stroke 50cc, so Im not aware of any issues with them, things to avoid, things to look for, etc. Im to far away to take a look at it myself but $120 seems fair to trouble shoot it if you cant figure it out. If you do decide to try the no muffler test, keep it to the bare minimum of miles! Your neighbors are gotta wanna pop your tires and the exhaust pulls heat off the valves and out of the cylinder, so shortest possible runs only! It also might run slightly different without the exhaust because the back pressure will be obviously missing. Post your findings when you do figure it out!