View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #6

Shadowfire
Wow, what a laundry list of things you have done! I just received my new Jonway YY 250-T2 last week. When I opened up the front plate to expose the wiring harness that leads to the instrument panel and saw the ribbon cable for the radio I LOL.. I wrapped mine in a plastic bag then sprayed some self expanding window foam around it to seal and hold it in place!

Then I discovered the spedo cable was not attached... And the blinker wires were reversed.. I used an entire tube of clear silicone on the bike sealing the back sides of the white plastic connectors and the screw clips to plastic parts. Added about ten wire ties in there... Found a spare plug with green and black wires that I suspect is the other end of another spare I found down on the frame with the same color wires...
Up at the blinker switch and the light switch I used small amounts of dielectric grease to seal the backs of those switches as it appears based on the design, those will be exposed due to opening for the clutch handle.. My My housing plastics dont seat well between the front and back of the instrument cluster so I used black silicone to seal that from the elements too. My plastic blinker switch feels almost like its designed to break after normal use....I would like to replace it with a better stronger part than that...

Have only run it for a while in the garage (six ft of snow here) but I think I have a fuel tank float or senor problem too...

I'm thinking of possibly tapping into the radiator sensor and adding a digital thermo gauge, and am planning to add a digital DC voltage monitor to monitor batter charge...

Good luck to you.