View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #3

Replaced the two power feeds, and installed a mini ato smart fuse holder and 20amp fuse. All splice joints and terminals were silver soldered and double shrink wrapped.

Installed a new ign switch wiring connector on the chassis side. after the customer returns with the rekeyed ign lock, I'll install a new connector onto the elec half of the switch,

the connector I chose is a 6 way by Hoppy # 47995.

Then connected up a 10amp Napa boost charger, spun the engine over and it fired right up. Let it run for about 30 or 40 minutes-- seems very strong, but a little noisy. Might be ok, after it has a few hours run time and a first maintenance service.

Checked the ac generator output and so far it looks weak, shows max charge of 13.4Vdc @ 4k rpm. Still waiting on a new battery supplied by customer, perhaps that will help the charge voltage climb to nominal levels.

Starter even with boost seemed to be laboring, most likely damaged by previous repairer using something w/ too much power to boost.

Went to PS distro center, picked up a bolt kit so that I can replace the missing, and damaged bolts. While there I learned they discontinued the TPGS 803 (classic model) and they are discontinuing the large pan headed 6mm Phillips screws.

Returned and started reassembling the body panels and repairing & aligning as I install.

Customer wants to know about replacement windscreen, suppose a search might yield an oem unit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads