View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #1

Hi New to scootering looking to transition from sport bike. All opinions welcome

Hey all I found this forum from a buddy of mine who told me to come here and seek advice. I'm pretty young at 22 and I'm looking to get into the world of scootering I've been hearing some hardcore enthusiasts say it's totally different from cycling so I'm all for learning. My reason for making this change is I was recently involved in a motorcycle crash on my Yamaha R6 (now sold) when an elderly woman shot out of a parking spot in Philadelphia while I was traveling about 50mph she clipped the front of my bike and I went flying down the road. Popped a shoulder out of place and shredded my gear buy I limped away virtually unscathed except mentally. I'm a little nervous to mount another sport bike after this ordeal but a week ago I rode a 50cc scooter and felt pretty comfortable despite my friends thinking I was noob for liking it. I don't really care for they're opinions because I'm fully comfortable in my skin and I know I need a transitonal phase if I ever mount another bike. I would like any tips from you guys about what type of scooter I should buy size, style etc. Also just anything you want to inform me about scootering! I look forward to hearing from you guys I will be completing my profile in the coming days I added a little to my profile for a general synopsis of myself. Thanks for reading!

Login or Register to Remove Ads